Update (1426ET) : The jury in the sexual intercourse trafficking trial of Ghislaine Maxwell has been seated for the British socialite’s trial, exactly where six men and six women will decide if she trafficked underage girls for sexual abuse by Jeffrey Epstein and pals.
According to Bloomberg , the jury ranges in age from 27 to 70 – and most of them say they don’t follow the news closely . Several jurors who mentioned they had closely followed the particular Epstein saga were forgiven from serving.
Here’s what we know about the twelve jurors via Bloomberg (emphasis ours):
- A woman, 61, working as a trader’s assistant for an unidentified bank after previously working at ING . The girl lives in the Bronx along with her son, daughter-in-law plus grandchildren and said she watches a lot of “ police shows” like “ Law & Order. ”
- A lady, 28, living in the Bronx and doing clerical work for the City of New York while she finishes her masters degree in public administration. She said she’d heard of Epstein before but not Maxwell .
- A woman, 60, with a masters in urban affairs who have prepares contracts for the federal government. The Manhattan resident mentioned she doesn’t look over newspapers but follows on the web news feeds .
- A man, 44, who also studied information and information strategy at Columbia College and is now vice president of quality at a life-sciences company. He lives together with his husband in Westchester County, where they enjoy actively playing board games.
- A lady, 51, who has lived within Manhattan her entire life. A good administrative manager at a “ metals industry” non-profit, the girl works out and visits her mother everyday. She said she’d heard about Epstein and his suicide in addition to Maxwell’s arrest.
- A woman, 70, who have retired in 2017 after working in human resources at a non-profit. She frequents cooking web sites and also enjoys “ Peril, ” chess, knitting plus bicycle riding.
- A woman, 53, who comes from the Bronx and is actually a home health aide. An immigrant who came to the U. S. with a middle-school education, she had heard of Epstein but didn’t remember listening to about Maxwell. She loves watching “ The Daring and the Beautiful” and toons with her grandchildren.
- A man, 35, who graduated from college in 2008 with a finance level and has been living in Manhattan for the past 10 years. He works as an professional assistant at a private organization within the financial industry.
- A man, 33, who works for a “ government entity” and hails from the Bronx with his spouse. He says he or she mostly watches sports and thinks he was watching football when he turned the channel and saw the news about Epstein’s suicide .
- A person, 34, who lives in New york and previously worked in advertising but is not currently utilized. He said he knew of both Epstein plus Maxwell but did not follow the case “ super well. ”
- A man, 41, living in Manhattan and working as a musician. He said he’d heard of Epstein being a “ billionaire who solicited prostitutes or underage girls” and was aware of Maxwell being his “ girlfriend or even romantic partner. ”
- A man, 64, who might be a lifelong Manhattan resident and has worked for the past 24 years as a paraprofessional to get a “ public entity. ” He lives alone, is not going to read the news and is not on social media, preferring to spend his free time watching older movies and the Mets.
Six alternates have also been chosen – including a 36-year-old real estate broker who studied civil architectural in the Dominican Republic, and also a 54-year-old woman who hails from Westchester and works within maintenance “ in a constructing in the city. ”
* * *
Is there an additional giant Epstein bomb going to drop?
With the way social media blew up this weekend about the Ghislaine Maxwell trial coverage, a single might think so. During the last few days, messages on Facebook and Twitter have indicated disgust and skepticism concerning the fact that the Maxwell test will not be livestreamed, similar to the method the Kyle Rittenhouse trial was.
There have been Tweets abound suggesting that press may be banned from your courtroom and that Judge Alison Nathan had issued some type of “ gag order” preventing the press from being at the trial..
Tweets like these had been abound, making their way across social networking all weekend:
BREAKING: “ Assess In Ghislaine Maxwell Test Issues Media-Wide Gag Purchase: All Press & Spectators Barred From Courtroom. ”
We know who they actually are protecting and we can’t allow it!
— Tim Kennedy (@TimKennedyMMA) November 28, 2021
But these statements look as though they may not be completely true.
Federal trials prohibit all digital cameras, Newsweek documented this morning . “ Digital cameras were allowed in Rittenhouse’s as it was a state demo, held in a Wisconsin state courtroom, ” their article mentioned, debunking the notion that given that one trial was livestreamed, the other one should be.
“[E]xcept as otherwise offered by a statute or these types of rules, the court must not permit the taking of photographs in the courtroom during judicial proceedings or the broadcasting associated with judicial proceedings from the court room, ” the report says, citing Federal law.
Newsweek instead reported this morning that that simply no gag order had been issued and that the press are being “ guaranteed access” to the courtroom:
Contrary to claims made on social media, a judge has not issued a gag order, and per federal rules, only individuals inside the courthouse can watch the trial. Among those being guaranteed access to the trial are members of the press, alleged victims, and members of Maxwell’s family.
A November 24 order from Judge Alison Nathan stated:
“ First, consistent with the particular District’s COVID-19 distancing needs, a number of pool reporters plus members of the public will be permitted within the courtroom proper as handled by the District’s Executive Workplace. Second, press will also be capable of access the trial within dedicated overflow courtrooms for that press. ”
Either way, we are anticipating fireworks and will follow developments as they occur…