The Department of Defense announced it was sending “ 121 Phoenix Ghost Tactical Unmanned Aerial Systems” to Ukraine. The never-before-seen kamikaze drone is a brand-new weapon program designed for ambushing Russian storage containers.
Because reported by Breaking Defense, the Phoenix Ghost tactical jingle is similar to the Switchblade drone already fielded in Ukraine.
Not much is known about the new drone. The DoD explained it as a “ one-way” drone that will “ provide a punch” and said it would operate similar to the Switchblade drone system .
The War Zone reported that Pentagon Press Secretary Jack Kirby said the Phoenix arizona Ghost’s capabilities differ from Switchblades.
“ I’m gonna be loath to get into much more details about the system at this point to get classification purposes, but you can safely assume that, in general, it works, ” Kirby said. “ It provides the same sort of tactical capability that a Switchblade does. Switchblade is a one-way drone in case you will, and it clearly is made to deliver a punch. May tactical UAS, and Phoenix ghost is of that exact same category. ”
California-based AEVEX Aeronautical is the defense company that will designed and manufactured Phoenix, az Ghost. The company markets itself as “ a recognized leader in full-spectrum airborne intelligence solutions. ”
The new drone is part of the latest U. S. arms package to Ukraine. Here’s what’s included:
- Over 1, 400 Stinger anti-aircraft systems;
- Over 5, five hundred Javelin anti-armor systems;
- Over 14, 000 other anti-armor systems;
- Over 700 Switchblade Tactical Unmanned Aerial Techniques;
- 90 155mm Howitzers and 183, 000 155mm artillery rounds;
- 72 Tactical Vehicles to tow 155mm Howitzers;
- 16 Mi-17 helicopters;
- Numerous Armored High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicles;
- 200 M113 Armored Personnel Carriers;
- More than 7, 000 small hands;
- Over 50, 000, 500 rounds of ammunition;
- seventy five, 000 sets of body armor and helmets;
- 121 Phoenix Ghost Tactical Unmanned Aerial Systems;
- Laser-guided rocket systems;
- Puma Unmanned Airborne Systems;
- Unmanned Coastal Defense Vessels;
- 14 counter-artillery radars;
- Four counter-mortar radars;
- 2 air surveillance radars;
- M18A1 Claymore anti-personnel munitions;
- C-4 explosives and demolition devices for obstacle clearing;
- Tactical secure communications systems;
- Night time vision devices, thermal imagery systems, optics, and laser beam rangefinders;
- Commercial satellite imagery services;
- Explosive ordnance disposal protective gear;
- Chemical, Natural, Radiological, Nuclear protective devices;
- Medical supplies to include first aid kits.
Russia’s Ambassador to the U. S., Anatoly Antonov, accused Biden of pumping Ukraine with weapons:
“ The U. S. authorities do not appear to be interested in a ceasefire. What matters for John Kirby and his colleagues is that the American military-industrial complex receives additional income by getting rid of outdated weapons from their warehouses, ” Antonov said.
So far, the Biden management has committed more than $4 billion in security help Ukraine and has just requested a whopping $33 billion more. The massive request consists of billions of dollars for economic and humanitarian aid.
Bill Gates as well as the World Economic Forum are usually planning to substitute your food with gene-edited produce and lab-grown meat.