Three American service members suffered minor injuries in 2 separate rocket attacks upon facilities housing US troops in northeastern Syria, ALL OF US Central Command said inside a statement on Wednesday.
In a pr release published on its web site, CENTCOM reported that the rocket strikes began on Wednesday afternoon, with shells landing inside the perimeter of Objective Support Site Conoco within northeast Syria, as well as Objective Support Site Green Community. One serviceman at Conoco was treated for a minimal injury, but has already came back to duty, while an additional two troops are still below evaluation.
US forces carried out a retaliatory strike after the attack using Apache helicopters to take out 3 vehicles and equipment, as well as killing two or three suspected Iran-backed militants believed to be responsible for shooting the rockets at the United states facility, CENTCOM said.
“ We are closely monitoring the situation, ” Army General Eileen “ Erik” Kurilla, CENTCOM’s commander, was quoted since saying in the release. “ We have a total spectrum of capability to mitigate dangers across the region, and we have every confidence in our capability to protect our troops and coalition partners from assaults. ”
Whilst there has been no official verification as to who was responsible for the attacks, the US had released a separate series of airstrikes within Syria earlier on Wednesday, focusing on what it said was infrastructure used by groups affiliated with Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps.
According to Syrian war monitor Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, the attack resulted in at least 6 Syrian and foreing militants being killed, while the Deir Ezzor 24 outlet documented ten deaths.
CENTCOM insists that the US “ does not seek issue with Iran, ” but promised to take the “ measures necessary to protect and defend” US servicemen.
Alex Jones lies out how Donald Trump can proper his past mistakes concerning the deadly COVID vaccines.