Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) has declared an intrusion on his state’s Southern border and has invoked special forces from the U. S. plus Texas constitutions to stop the particular catastrophic surge of illegals entering from Mexico.
“ We invoked the Invasion Clauses of the U. S. & Texas Constitutions to fully authorize Texas to take unprecedented actions to defend our state against an invasion, ” said Abbott in a Tuesday statement. “ I’m using that will constitutional authority, & additional authorization & Executive Orders to keep our state & country safe. ”
Abbot went on to list his so-called “ unprecedented” measures:
- Deploy the National Guard to safeguard our boundary and to repel and turn back again immigrants trying to cross the border illegally.
- Deploy the Texas Section of Public Safety (DPS) to arrest and go back to the border immigrants who also crossed illegally & DPS to arrest illegal immigrants for criminal activity.
- Build a border wall structure in multiple counties within the border.
- Deploy gun boats to secure the particular border.
- Specify Mexican drug cartels because foreign terrorist organizations.
- Enter into a compact with other states to secure the boundary.
- Enter into agreements with foreign powers to enhance border security.
- Provide resources for edge counties to increase their attempts to respond to the border intrusion.
Full statement below:
Infowars has lengthy chronicled America’s ongoing migrant crisis. October ALONE saw a staggering 300, 000 “ gotaways, ” according to Rep. Dan Bishop.
Earlier recently on Monday, Abbot reprehended President Biden over the issue in a letter titled “ Defending Texas Against Intrusion. ”
“ President Biden has forgotten his responsibility to impose immigration laws, and Our elected representatives has refused to hold the President accountable and has deserted its own responsibility to use the particular immigration power given to this in Article I, § 8 of the U. H. Constitution, ” wrote Abbot. “ Just two years back, we had the fewest illegal crossings in decades.
“ In 2009 under President Biden, a good all-time record was arranged for the number of immigrants crossing the border illegally. ”
Abbot’s complete letter can be read HERE .