Former President Donald Trump was reportedly smitten with conservative firebrand Nick Fuentes after Kanye “ Ye” West brought him together for a group meeting on Mar-a-Lago on Tuesday night.
Concealed from the public view: A source familiar with the dinner conversation told Axios that Trump “ seemed extremely taken” with Fuentes, impressed that the 24-year-old was able to rattle off statistics and recall speeches dating back to his 2016 campaign.
– Paraphrasing the particular conversation, the original source said Fuentes told the president he preferred your pet to be “ authentic, ” and that Trump seemed scripted and unlike himself during his recent 2024 advertising campaign announcement speech.
– Trump responded, “ You like it better when I just speak off the cuff, ” the source said. Fuentes replied that he did, calling Trump an “ amazing” president when he was uncontrolled, wild. “ There was a lot of fawning back and forth, ” the source additional.
Fuentes told Trump which he represented a side associated with Trump’s base that was disappointed with his newly cautious approach, especially with what some far-right activists view as a lack of support for those charged in the Jan. 6 Capitol strike.
– Trump didn’t disagree along with Fuentes, but said he has advisers who want him to read off teleprompters and be more “ presidential. ” Particularly, Trump referred to himself being a politician, which he has already been loathe to do in the past.
– Fuentes also told Trump that he would crush potential 2024 Conservative rivals in a primary, including Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis. Trump asked for Fuentes’ opinion on other candidates as well.
Trump at one point considered Ye and said, “ I really like this guy. He will get me, ” according to the resource.
– “ To be honest, I don’t believe the president knew who also the hell [Fuentes] was, ” the source added.
Trump questioned if Fuentes was on social media such as Truth Social, the former president’s alternative to Twitter.
– Fuentes told Trump that he was on Truth Interpersonal but had been banned through the social media platform Gettr due to the fact Trump adviser Jason Miller, the CEO of the firm, wasn’t a fan of his.
– Trump asked whether it was due to the fact Fuentes was on the “ fringe” of his supporter base, the source said. Fuentes acknowledged that he was, saying he’s “ one of those those who got banned from every thing. ”
Driving this news: Ye, whose Twitter account was recently restored right after being restricted for anti-Semitic comments, posted a video upon Thursday night titled “ Mar-a-Lago debrief. ”
Ye claims in the video that Trump was “ really impressed” with Fuentes because “ unlike so many of the lawyers therefore many people that he was still left with on his 2020 strategy, he’s actually a loyalist. ”
Ye shared several hype videos discussing the meeting and his presidential run on Twitter:
Ye also distributed texts from a private team chat with himself, Milo Yiannopoulos and Fuentes speculating that Jason Miller leaked to the Daily Beast a fake story that Fuentes was not at the meeting.
Trump tried to distance himself from Fuentes after the meeting in a short post on Truth Interpersonal.
Notably, Trump did not disavow him.
The news of the 3 meeting predictably triggered mass outrage from the usual potential foods.
Joel Pollak over at Breitbart used the event to go on the attack towards Fuentes and Trump.
Their own top story on Friday was a hit piece attacking them both over the meeting.
The same author (and Breitbart generally) has been busy shilling to get Pence and DeSantis.
Trump needs to find out real quick who their friends and enemies are usually.